In my family, this is *Birthday Season*. All of our birthdays pile on in a happy traffic jam in September, October, and November, so these months always feel particularly festive. In honor of our birthdays, my mom gifted my husband and me with tickets to the Boston Ballet. We’re seeing an afternoon performance of Le Corsaire, and I couldn’t be more excited. Here’s some inspiration for a graceful afternoon outing of your own.
This photo of ballerina Courtney Levine (check out her Instagram!) inspired this look, especially partnered with this gorgeous flower arrangement by Frances Palmer, who is an incredible potter. Soft shades of lavender and cream look beautiful against touches of black. I added a touch of silver for a little bit of glam, but was careful not to overdo the glitz for this lovely afternoon date.
- Lavender wraparound top (Shabby Apple, $40.80)
- Full scuba skirt (Charlotte Russe, $20.00)
- D’Orsay flats (Target, $22.99)
- Metallic headwrap (Nordstrom, $32.00)
- Metallic clutch with pompom (DSW, $29.99)
- Multi-heart tag bracelet (Tiffany & Co., $385.00)